One of the important issues in a Microsoft word document is table. Tables categorize the subjects and make them easy to access the information. A table is total boxes in the form of rows and columns. Tables are used for various purposes, while textual and numerical information can be used.
A table is composed of three major parts, which are essential to understand the tables.
Row: horizontal lines of a table are named rows.
Column: vertical lines of a table are named rows.
Cell: each boxes of table is cell.
There are 6 ways to insert a table in Microsoft word which are explained in the following:
1. To insert a table, you can add columns and rows to the desired size from Insert tab as below.
Tip: At this way you can create a table with a maximum size of 10 * 8.
2.2. Insert table: This type of insertion is one of the most commonly used methods that you can customize your desired table. In this method, after clicking the Insert table option, you will see the following image:
Number of columns: in this box you can add number of columns you want.
Number of rows: in this box you can add number of rows you want to insert table.
Fixed column width: in this box you can determine the size of each column. If you choose Auto, word chooses automatically size for columns.
AutoFit to Contents: If you select this option, the program first inserts a small table, and then, depending on the size of the text, the size of the column also changes.
AutoFit to Window: If this option is selected, the size of the table columns will be the width of the page.
Remember dimensions for new tables: If you enable this option, the program saves the values you entered in the columns and rows and assigns it to the default program.
3. Draw Table: in this way you can insert the table manually.
4. Convert Text to Table: Another method of making a table in Word is that you can convert a pre-written text into a table. To do this, first select the desired text, and then specify the symbol that separates the texts from each other to the desired option so that the program automatically determines the number of rows and columns.
5. Excel Spreadsheet: By this chose you can insert a table from Excel. It’s worth noting that when you insert a table from the Excel program, all features of the Excel program are displayed in the program.
6. Quick table: Use this option to use the pre-programmed tables.
Tip: This article Applies to Word for Office Word 2013 and later.